Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cappucino Catastrophe

Though it is customary to order your coffee in the morning at the bar and stand there to drink it, sometimes I have to order it to-go. I know it's thirty eurocents more, but sometimes I don't feel like crowding around the bar with a bunch of other customers, trying not to spill my hot coffee everywhere. This morning, I was not in the mood and on top of it all, I was a little late for class. We stopped at a bar on the way to school which I have been to only once before. The lady who makes the coffee is a little snooty, but it's only one euro for a cappucino and a croissant. I ordered a cappucino to go (she was already getting annoyed) and got it in a plastic cup with a lid. I stirred some sugar in and when I pressed the lid back on, the bottom of the plastic cup had melted and the cup and coffee collapsed all over the counter! Hilary was nice enough to ask the woman for a new cup for me, but it was like she was asking for the biggest favor in the world. This is my second embarassing to-go cup experience, so I guess from now on I will have to drink my cappucino at the bar... or just go somewhere else.

No comments: