Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Caffe Brasiliano


The snack bar down the street from school, Caffe Brasiliano, is one of our favorite places to go for lunch. Almost every day, people from our program stop in to get a panini, a snack, or some coffee to pick us up betwen class. The first few times I went here were for lunch (I suggest the prosciutto and mozzerella sandwich), but the other morning I stopped in for coffee for the first time. The atmosphere was different than the lunch rush. Instead of a bunch of Penn State students having sandwiches, a number of men came in for breakfast, two with kids in tow. They must have either worked there, or been members of the family who owns the bar because they said hello to the man behind the register, walked behind the counter, and helped themselves to croissants. The same man is always at the register, but these people seemed to be just as comfortable as him. The next day I noticed a few family photos behind the counter and a baby bottle on one of the shelves (right in with the liquor bottles!). I like this bar even more now that I am starting to recognize who owns it and comes in regularly.

No comments: