Wednesday, May 21, 2008

At Home


Nicole and I went out to do a few errands in our neighborhood the other night. There are stores scattered all along the streets, so we just walked around, looking for a Tobacci shop and a place to get a snack. I like wandering around the neighborhood and discovering new places, and even entirely new streets, that I haven't noticed yet. The neighborhood is one of the few places here where I can walk without a map and know that I can find my way back. Most of the time, you can walk in the general direction of our apartment, recognize the streets, and then spot our church-like doorway from down the road. We found what we needed, a phone card and some chocolate (of course) and in the process, found a new snack bar with sandwiches, pastries, and wine. Being able to leave the apartment and feel familiar with the neigborhood makes me feel at home here.

No comments: